The Lush Masks My Face Loves

Sunday 15 January 2017


Don't you just feel like you've done Sunday right when a face mask has been involved?  My go to for extra refreshing face masks has always been trusty ol' Lush. They have something for everyone and every skin type. I'm yet to come across one that I don't like, but these 3 are my absolute favourites.


Each one of these masks have their very own little super power, they cleanse, brighten and nourish. To get the real benefits and to see them in your complexion you really need to be using them 2-3 times a week. Which I actually struggle with, I rarely get 10-15 minutes to sit down with a mask on, but I'm planning to change that, because my face deserves a treat more than once a week!

My top 3 masks are all very different in texture and smell. Mainly because my skin doesn't always need the same treatment. Sometimes it needs a moisture boost, other times its crying out for a good deep cleanse, sometimes I just feel like running around looking like an avatar. Always good to have more than one on hand!

Cupcake - Helps absorb excess oil and calm break outs. Rhassoul mud and cocoa powder work together to draw out dirt and impurities to give a deep cleanse, fresh mint is in there to stimulate and tone your skin, linseed and cocoa butter work to soften and moisturise.
 
Don't Look At Me - A rejuvenating mask. Zingy lemon juice to tone, Tunisian neroli to brighten your skin, silken tofu helps to soften, ground rice to exfoliate, murumuru to nourish your skin, rice syrup and grapefruit oil to give it an extra zingy kick.

 Love Lettuce - Exfoliating mask to give skin a glow. There's nutrient rich agar seaweed gel, honey and almond oil to sooth and moisturise, French lavender which is for the calming scent and helps to balance the skins sebum production, and then you have almond shells to gently exfoliate your skin.

Originally Don't Look At Me  was my favourite to use but I've started to use Love Lettuce a little more often and my skin is a fan of that. I do always try to use Cupcake when my skin is having a little melt down and it really does help calm the break outs.

I know a majority of us are huge lush fans, do you have a favourite that I haven't listed?

Emily-May xo 

2 comments: