L'Oreal | Hydra Genius Aloe Water

Sunday 16 July 2017

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of anything super hydrating for the skin. I've recently been trying out a whole lot of L'Oreal skin care, to the point that I've pretty much switched my whole routine to their Fine Flowers collection which you can read about here. Along with that collection, I've been using the clay masks and washes and my skin has reacted well to all their products so far. So when I noticed the Hydra Genius Aloe Water doing the rounds on social media of course I was pulled in and went on the hunt to find the Dry & Sensitive version.




This is possibly the most light and hydrating formula I've ever used. This skin drink locks in 72 hours of moisture to help refresh, recharge and encourage glowing skin. The formula penetrates the skin quickly and continuously without overloading or encouraging oily skin. Once applied you can feel and see it absorb almost instantly, the water like texture is really refreshing on the skin, on hot days I normally pop it in the fridge for a while and it really is so soothing on the skin.

Hydra Genius has pure aloe vera sap and hyaluronic acid packed in there. The aloe vera sap is known for its moisturising properties, its rich minerals and its ability to help maintain your skins water reserves. While hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the skin, but is also a powerful active ingredient which can hold 1000 times its weight in water.

The presentation of this product makes it seem much more high end than it really is, its sleek glass bottle and minimal look makes it so pleasing to the eye. The metallic blue pump is just perfect, its mess free and releases the perfect amount of product. No need for a second pump at all.


I wasn't convinced by it being water like at first as I just imagined it sliding right off of my hand, but it actually comes out as a slightly creamy texture until you apply it to your skin. Once the product hits your skin it transforms into a water like texture, spreads so effortlessly and disappears into the skin almost instantly. There's no sticky or creamy after feel, just silky and hydrated skin to the touch.

As much as I love this moisturiser I feel like it might be just a summer product, but I guess I'll just have to keep going with it and see how it takes to the change in my skin through the winter months.
Have you tried out Hydra Genius yet?
Emily-May x

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I have tried it out, because of your Insta pics!! I've really been loving it though so all is forgiven!! It does make me think of After Sun though but my foundation has stopped looking cakey in places!! xx

    www.gollymissholly.uk

    ReplyDelete